Vacancies | RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER |
Vacancies | RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER |Expiry Date: 13.09.2019
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a
& Development Engineer. The incumbent will be responsible for Research and Development to
ensure continuous improvement and optimisation of marine sub-systems, according
to operational or activity requirements, organisational objectives and sound
Engineering / Metallurgical practices.
The position is based in Windhoek, however the incumbent will be required to go to sea as and when required.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Understands, analyzes and improves the effectiveness/efficiency of existing Marine mining/sampling/treatment systems as directed.
- Conceptualizes, evaluates and develops new Marine mining/sampling/process systems as directed.
- Co-ordinates or manages R&D projects and manage R&D test facilities as directed.
- Disseminates technology/know-how (tech-transfer) through reports, presentations, and discussions.
- Supports the operational readiness of new systems.
- Oversees and/or designs, detail, fabrication and commission test equipment as required.
- Drafts technical reports, test programs and schedules; executes and oversees test work.
- Incorporates new understandings and learning’s into new or improved designs.
- Budgets compilation and manages for talent and organisational development programs in line with the strategic HRD initiatives.
- Directs/prepares and evaluates the technical aspects of procurement according to a R&D activity scope and organisational procedures.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders regarding technical issues to ensure effective integration with existing application of technology.
- Manages construction and commissioning activities according to the activity plan/requirements, organisational standards and procedures.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Working with people, relating and networking, writing and reporting, applying expertise and technology, analysing, learning and researching, creating and innovating, planning and organising, adapting and responding to change, entrepreneurial and commercial thinking and knowledge of marine diamond recovery process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant B.Sc. degree or B Tech.
- 6 years related experience.
- The incumbent should have skill/experience in assimilating knowledge gained into appropriate formats and databases, and dissemination of technology through technical reports and presentations. General computer literacy in the MS Suite is essential.
- Experience in simulation/CAE/CAD including expert use of MS Excel for simulation and modelling where appropriate.
- Broad understanding of statistical analysis.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to: The Human Resources Unit on Fax (061) 297 8100 or post to: Debmarine Namibia, 10 Dr Frans Indongo Street, NAMDEB Centre, Windhoek or P O Box 23016, Windhoek or e-mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.