Vacancies | CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER |
Vacancies | CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER |Expiry Date: 16.02.2018
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a sea-going Chief Engineering Officer.The primary role of this position will be to manage all engineering operations on board the mining vessel to ensure proper operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery, mining equipment and the treatment plant whilst at sea and in port.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Controls all engineering activities onboard the vessel whilst at sea by supervising the team to ensure proper operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery and auxiliaries, mining equipment and treatment plant, and deck machinery
- Improves the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes and systems
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental issues
- Manages and develops human resources
- Excellent planning, organizing and controlling skills
- Strong leadership skills with high ethical standards and should be self-motivated
- NQF 6 with relevant Maritime study qualifications
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency – Chief Engineer unlimited (>3000kW)
- 8 years relevant experience wihich includes 5 years minimum at a 2nd Engineers level on a vessel >3000 KW
- Marine mining experience would be an advantage SAP knowledge will be an added advantage
- SAP knowledge will be an added advantage
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.
This section is only applicable to INTERNAL VACANCY adverts:All applications from Debmarine Namibia employees should be forwarded to the respective line HOD and the Senior HR Managers before being submitted.