Vacancies | ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT CO-ORDINATOR |
Vacancies | ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT CO-ORDINATOR |Expiry Date: 23.03.2018
Namibia requires the
services of an Environmental
Management Coordinator to implement, maintain and improve
the Environmental Management System, which conforms to the overall Company
Environmental Policy, Namibian legislation and other relevant requirements.
The incumbent will be expected to work two weeks at sea on Debmarine Namibia’s mining fleet and two weeks in the office.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Provides support required to develop and maintain the Environmental Management System (EMS) by:
- Develop roll out and strategy for implementation of the EMS.
- Implementing, maintaining and continual improvement of the EMS.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Facilitating the development of Environmental Management Programmes to manage the environmental aspects for Debmarine Namibia’s mining operations.
- Guides and provides support to the vessels on addressing and managing environmental aspects.
- Conducts and coordinates internal and external environmental audits, in accordance with ISO 14001 requirements.
- Facilitates training, awareness and inductions to DBMN employees and contractors to promote environmental awareness.
- Prepares monthly performance reports on environmental activities, products and services.
- Strong knowledge and skill of ISO 14001 Standards
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer applications - MS Office
- Statistical Analysis that the career demands
- Excellent team spirit and capability of working with a wide range degree of autonomy and independence
- Ability to work in cross-functional team
- Planning and Organizing
- Project Management
- BSc degree in Environmental Management/Environmental Science or equivalent
- 5 years post-qualification practical experience in ISO 14001 standards, environmental auditing and practices, preferably with experience of marine mining
- Knowledge of the new ISO 14001:2015 Standard will be an added advantage
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.