Vacancies | TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT |
Vacancies | TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT |Expiry Date: 16.02.2018
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Technical Superintendent. The primary role of this position will be to operate, maintain the mission equipment and systems on board the mining vessel. Also to ensure improvement in related systems and to provide effective engineering and technical support and services. The Technical Superintendent will be required to:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Interpret, develop and implement operational objectives and action plans to achieve the mining and business strategy
- Reviews progressive production output information and statistics
- Ensures mining system achieves the targeted availability standard
- Reviews and regulates the commitment of resources within the mining areas
- Initiates and manages development of improved technical standards and systems to build effective operational support for achievement of internal production targets
- Implement the Safety and Risk Management plan according to organizational requirements
- Develops, implements and reviews systems to improve planned maintenance, work quality and standards
- Conducts inspections and audits to ensure compliance to company and legal standards
- Control the allocation of work to ensure the achievement of results according to mining and production objectives
- High level of technical knowledge in area of specialty
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- SHES Management
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to interact as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and with external consultants, contractors and internal clients
- Computer literacy (SAP and SCADA experience)
- N6 or National Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or A&I
- 6 Years practical experience in Mechanical, electronic, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Experience in a marine environment will be an added advantage.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.
All applications from Debmarine Namibia employees should be forwarded to the respective line HOD and the Senior HR Managers before being submitted.