Vacancies | MARINE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR |
Vacancies | MARINE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR |Expiry Date: 16.02.2018
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Marine Production Supervisor. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the achievement of production, cost, safety and environment targets by supervising and developing the production team as well as ensuring systems efficiency.
The incumbent will be required to spend 28 days at sea followed by 28 days ashore and will be required to undertake the following activities:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Co-ordinates and motivates the Production and Maintenance teams by:
- Effective preparation of short & medium term production plans.
- Establish team goals in order to achieve vessel objectives with regard to production and maintenance.
- Provides the relevant up-to-date mining & production statistics/hours for the production month to ensure the necessary time and resource allocation for planned maintenance and/or shutdown work.
- Controls the production treatment process by ensuring that all process parameters and controls are adhered to.
- Identifies and implements waste reduction programmes.
- Formulates, implements and maintains Standard Operating Procedures.
- Continuously improves processes by monitoring and evaluation.
- Reviews the production related (i.e. process plant & mining system) SAP PM task lists and maintenance plan in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner.
- Determines critical spares holding requirements for both the mining and the production related treatment plant processes.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Should be energetic and manage a team
- Should be a self-starter and be able to work independently,
- Must be innovative and have leadership skills;
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills;Must have good oral, writing and communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills, and be able to work in a diverse working environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 pass
- NQF 5 Level qualification in production management or technical field
- 5 Years relevant experience as a Processing Foreman (Mining Industry) or 5 years seagoing experience at supervisory level (deck, engineering, security, metallurgy, drilling or geology)
- Experience working on SAP MM and PM module.
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to: The Human Resources Unit on Fax (061) 297 8100 or post to: Debmarine Namibia, 10 Dr Frans Indongo Street, NAMDEB Centre, Windhoek or P O Box 23016, Windhoek or e-mail your application to: email@example.comPreference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.
Internal applicants: All applications from Debmarine Namibia employees should be forwarded to the respective line HOD and the Senior HR Manager before being submitted.