Vacancies | VESSEL MASTER |
Vacancies | VESSEL MASTER |Expiry Date: 16.02.2018
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Vessel Master. The incumbent’s primary role will be to effectively and safely manage the on-board activities of the vessel to achieve the objectives of the Company and ensure compliance with all Company policies/standards and legal requirements.
The incumbent will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Taking command and management of the vessel and personnel;
- Navigation and vessel deployment for operations;
- Ensure that the vessels is fully equipped at all times;
- Responsible for onboard training and safety
- Adheres to safety and operational procedures, standards and Company requirements.
- Checks and maintains Company documentation as required by the relevant Authorities and policies.
- Optimises the effectiveness of the vessel to maximize productivity and time utilisation by managing onboard business processes.
- Monitors adherence onboard to relevant legislation and systems including the international Safety Management Code, OHSAS 18001, Environmental Management Systems, and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Monitor the application of the relevant rules and regulations pertaining to the security and confidential materials
- Experience in Marine Mining or marine offshore diamond sampling operations is essential;
- Should have a high level of management and team leadership skills;
- Knowledge and application of planning, organising and control;
- Specialist in resource utilisation and availability;
- Good interpersonal relations and people management;
- Should be a good communicator.
- Valid unendorsed STCW95 Master’s Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.
- Dynamic Posting Operator's Certificate (The Nautical Institute) experience is essential
- GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress Safety Signal) Certificate.
- Holder of Master’s Foreign Going Certificate of Competency for more than 3 years.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.
Internal applicants All applications from Debmarine Namibia employees should be forwarded to the respective line HOD and the Senior HR Manager before being submitted.